On Monday 9th March, Tast Culinary Projects’ Restaurante El Náutico was once again chosen as the venue for a food and wine pairing event hosted by Bodegas Valduero. This family business, in the Ribera del Duero D.O. since 1984, specializes in producing wines for aging and is a reference in internationally recognized Crianza, Reserva and Gran Reserva reds.
On this occasion, we were able to enjoy the expertise of two great chefs: Toni González (head chef at the restaurants “El Serbal” in Santander and “El Nuevo Molino” also in Cantabria; both awarded a Michelin Star) and Juan González, from the Taberna Urbana “La Favorita” in Burgos, one of the most renowned establishments in the Castilian capital.
The food and wine pairing dinner consisted of 7 gastronomic proposals by the chefs who were accompanied by 5 different wines:
– Pine nuts, anchovies and apple on the one hand, and peas, broth and ear paired with a white wine Garcia Viadero Albillo 2018.
– Low temperature egg, boletus and truffle accompanied by a glass of Valduero Crianza 2016 (a red wine with a lot of volume, with roundness and a spectacular tannin).
– Hake, butter sauce and salmon roe accompanied by a Valduero Una Cepa 2015 (a red wine that evokes ripe red fruit, leathery nuances, as well as toasted, spicy notes and the essence of vanilla, cocoa and dark chocolate).
– Pork dewlap, pumpkin and wine reduction went hand in hand with a Valduero Reserva 2012 (a wine that was chosen as “Best red wine in first class”, in the 15th Edition of Wines on the Wing Airline Wine Competition in 2019).
– Tudanca, mushrooms and pepper stew paired with a spectacular Valduero Reserva Premium 6 years 2011 (chosen in 2018 and 2019 as the Best Wine in Ribera del Duero, by the prestigious Swiss magazine Vinum).
As a final touch, an exquisite “trampantojo”egg with earth of oreo.
A spectacular night that, with special preparation of our facilities to host the event, along with the incomparable views of the Bay of Palma made the evening a memorable one.